9/28/13

Safe Travels...

Happy Saturday, ya'll!  It's time for another round of Retro Sketches.  Our fearless leader, Arielle, picked one of my cards for this week.  You can see the original HERE....and here is my re-take...

IMG_0341_edited-1.jpg

I used several Simon Says sets here.  The sentiment is from Life is a Journey and the stripes on the card base are from Nautical Borders.  I added in a little wood arrow in too.

Here is this week's sketch....


Stop over to the Retro Sketches blog to see what the other girls have created with this sketch.  Link up your creations too!  

We are partying it up tonight here at my house.  It's Chipotle night.  We are having several couples over and having a 40th birthday party for my husband.  I have a hard time saying that.  How in the world can I be married to someone who is 40?  How did this happen?  OH wait....that means I am almost 40, too.  But I am still 20 in my head.  (And I am also not 40 yet for several years) :)  In all reality, 40 is not old. It's the new 30.  At least that is what they tell me!  Hehe!

Have a great weekend!


Loading Project Manager ... Loading Project Manager ... Loading Project Manager ...

10 comments:

  1. Don't you worry Laurie...I'm still in my early 20s and I have a 16 year old child! :) I love your card...loved the first version and this one is awesome too! Have fun celebrating Lynn's 40th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I love this design! And your new card is absolutely gorgeous! Happy Birthday to your hubby. 40 is definitely not old! In my head I am still about 25, or perhaps 30. I think we stop counting once we grow up, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card -- How do you cut the angle of this please? I know it is probably obvious, but I am really at a loss TY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I tell you that I love this?!!!

    YES, 40 is the new 30 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this sketch and I love the wooden arrow you added to this fabulous card!! Happy 40th to your hubby!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't think it possible, but I like the second one even better than the first one! Awesome cards! I hope I can figure out how to cut that panel and join in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore this sketch and love your card soooo much! I just pinned it - I need to try this. Awesome! XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how this card "moves". So SO cool!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS