1/22/14

A Raskog and a card.

Thought I would stop in with a card today that I made just because!  I feel like I have hardly been in my room at all lately except to organize.  I made another trip to ikea and got a couple things.  I finally got the Expedit that I have been wanting for years.  Its huge.  I had no idea how huge until it was set up and in my room.  My sweet SIL helped me and we got it all put together in about 30 minutes.  I swear that Ikea furniture is genius and makes for the most fun crafty furniture.

I won't bore you with pictures of my whole room again, but I will show you this fun new addition.  (I posted this on Instagram several days ago...so many of you have already seen this but....) I got one of those Raskog carts.  I really had no idea where I was going to put it, so once the Expedit was up, the cart was just sitting here.  I had always pictured it being perfect for my sewing machine but once I got it all set up, the sewing machine didn't fit.  So here is what happened....


I asked my husband if he thought it would work.  All this stuff goes together in a certain way so I wondered if it would even go together and stay up without sliding down.  He flipped it over for me and tightened it up and it worked!  


So now, my sewing machine is mobile and right by my desk.  It is so handy because I can just wheel it over and use it and I don't have to worry about setting it up every time...which i why I never used it in the first place.


You would think that I would share a card that I actually sewed on...lol.  Instead its just another gray white and red combo....like my last post.  

IMG_1039

The stamps are from Maile's Ampersand set as well as the ampersand die.  The circle and heart are from her Trendy Tree Tops set.  I colored the little heart with an R29 Copic and the covered it in Glossy Accents.  I don't know what it is about the combo of these 2 things....but the red is fabulous and almost gets a little bit brighter with the glossy accents on top.  The stitched mat is from Lil Inkers.  Can you believe I lost the whole set of dies?  Well...for like  a day.  I dug and dug and moved and turned over things and could NOT find them.  Then I did.  Just a slight panic.  

IMG_1045

OK, so thanks for hanging in here with me today on my long winded post.  I am home today with B.  He is sick.  Last check his temp was 101.  I hate this time of year.  We need spring badly.  I watched the news and I am seeing all the snow out east and I am praying for you all as well!  Everybody stay warm!  Thanks for stopping in!

~Laurie

19 comments:

  1. Fabulous card. You always rock that ampersand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sewing cart idea is brilliant, and your card is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to flip the top basket Laurie, and look at the storage for your sewing supplies!! Cute card, as always, love the tiny pop of red!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG you put the top one on upside down! SO SMART! I'm such a rule follower, it would never have occurred to me! My RASKOG is blue - I'm finding it quite useful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the spot for your sewing machine. Thanks for sharing. My sewing machine is on my floor in my craft room. haha I need a spot to have it permanently like yours so I use it more.
    LOVE your card. YIKES! I would have panicked losing my dies too, especially, Lil' Inkers. :) Hope B feels better soon and spring comes quickly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We were forecasted to get 5-8" and I woke up with a dusting. I am not sure what happened, but all I know is that I scrambled to get into work!

    Love your card and I am glad you caved on the cart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you the new at your new cart--love it and love that you have a spot for your sewing machine. Mine bit the dust and I need a new one. I don't sew much anymore and hubby thinks it is a riot that I need a new one to sew on cards!! Speaking of which you card today is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have quite the nice little crafting space going on! And I love what you did with your cart....perfect! ;) Okay, and your card....It's GORGEOUS! Thanks for sharing. And I hope your boy feels better soon! Take care, Laurie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card! I LOVE the touch of stripes and the pop of red! And that new cart of yours is awesome!!! I've had my eye on a similar one at World Market. Every time I go in there I consider buying it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card and love how you use the top of the cart as a little desk to hold your sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the card, simple and elegant and the cart....they have a pretty turquoise one at our Montreal store, I'll be headed over tomorrow thanks for the great idea,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty card!! I want one of those carts so bad but my husband says I don't need it. (And not sure where I would put it anyway.) Love how you flipped the top over. Such a creative idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is genius what you did with that cart! I had my Vagabond on mine for a while but I had stacked something inside to make it work. Turning it upside down would have been better. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card. And exciting about your new Ikea stuff. I love my Raskog. I have mine under my desk as I work standing up. It is the greatest. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant...your modification to the cart and your card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have one smart man there he's a keeper lol love your card and you craft room have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have one smart man there he's a keeper lol love your card and you craft room have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brilliant!!! Love my Raskog cart but adore how you've flipped the top shelf upside down.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS