1/26/14

Happy stenciling...

One of today's topic over at the Stenciled class is using embossing paste.  I love this technique and have used it several times in the recent past.  So I was happy to dive in to this assignment.  I do have other stencils.  Lots.  But I kinda love this Ring Cluster from Simon Says.  So here we are again....

IMG_1145

I used Amuse Slate Ink Reinker to add a little gray to the white paste.  Then I simply added in a sentiment and some faux enamel dots.  Easy peasy!

IMG_1148

I really love the texture this brings.  And for someone who is generally CAS and a no mess kind of gal...I love this stuff.

I know I have shared this before too....but this is the tool I use for putting down the embossing paste...


I knew my old Cricut spatula would come in handy!  It works like a charm! :)


This class has been so fun so far and I love seeing all the gorgeous cards in the gallery!  Thank you all for stopping by to see my card too!


22 comments:

  1. Easy peasy but great. The ring stencil is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great - despite being a bit messy its still CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you used this stencil! No love it too, but for some reason I was coming up blank on how I wanted to use it. Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favorites so far - love the grey on white… and then the pop of pink - stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card. It's so cool how the card is still CAS but so beautifully textured.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute Laurie, the circles look like bubbles!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol now I have to go make a circle stencil. I love your card. what a fabulous idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, I love how the "thanks" pops.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool card with great detail Laurie!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally fun. Must try this some time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! Love the design and combination of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning! Can't wait to get my paste in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  13. awesome...love your choice of colors!
    thanks for the idea of the cricut spatula...I used a regular spatula and it was cumbersome.

    ReplyDelete
  14. amazing! want to try this techic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Laurie, I love the pop of red against the embossing paste. I'm loving this class!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your card! I've been playing around with all my stencils too every day since the class! Funny..I use the exact same old cricut spatula too!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job love the circles and the red sentiment have a great day

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS