1/25/14

Pretty sure I like this stenciling thing...

(Scroll down for my Retro Sketches card....)

Today has been one of those days that is so productive, you have no idea where the energy came from.  As I mentioned in my Retro Sketches post, I woke up ridiculously early.  I typed up that post....and then the cleaning started.  The kitchen....done..  Floors...done.  Sliding glass doors...cleaned.  Beds stripped.  Then what do I next?  I go to the gym.  An hour of an amazing work out.  Then home again....and some more cleaning.  Where is this all coming from?   I wouldn't normally share this kind of stuff but....these days are few and far between.  And I must document all that I accomplished or I might forget.  lol!  With the kids playing with their cousins today, a quiet house had been a productive one.  

So now I am stopping in to share my first stenciled card.  If you are not taking the class...you should.  So much great info in one place!

I loved Debby's video and card so much, I had to give her technique a try....and of course, CASE her card!

IMG_1141

Instead of making the tag, I used a Lil Inkers square to cut the vellum and then heat embossed that amazingly gorgeous sentiment with white embossing powder.  

IMG_1142

Then I sewed it down.  Yes.  I sewed again.  I may sew on every card ever now.  Not really....don't hold me to that but right now it feels like I might.  There is just something about that easily accessible sewing machine now.  So handy!

Ok. I am off to switch the laundry.  And maybe fold towels.  Yay!  I am thinking now that I sat down the motivation is wearing off.  A nap maybe?  :)

Have a great day!


Supply List: 



26 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning, Laurie! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful...lovet the colors together with such elegant details

    //Gunilla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Laurie I loved reading about your day! And then to scroll down and see this stunner! Oh my <3 so serene. Now you've inspired me to get something done! I've spent time today writing lists I'd better actually do some of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE those types of days and wish for them more often myself. Great card too! Well done with the stencils! Card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm...the last time I had THAT much energy in one day, I was pregnant! lol... Love your card, Laurie - wish I'd had time to take that class. I'm really enjoying the beautiful projects so far! Thanks for sharing your project, and your day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card, I'm taking the class as well, have to do something with all those stencils!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I may have to try out this stenciling stuff yet, huh?!?! You did an outstanding job on this card! Love the colors, patterns, vellum!! And kudos to you for an ultra productive day!!! Way to go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I may have to try out this stenciling stuff yet, huh?!?! You did an outstanding job on this card! Love the colors, patterns, vellum!! And kudos to you for an ultra productive day!!! Way to go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so stunningly beautiful! So super impressed (and happy for you!) that you've had such a productive days. I love those...and am hoping for one soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. PRETTY PRETTY card Laurie!! Good for you on that burst of energy tackling the list of household necessities!! I'm tired just reading about everything you did, I need a nap now too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Um.....SUPER WOW!!! I just LURVE this card, Miss Lady!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Superb! Love the blend of colours :)LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That IS a productive day! You card is beautiful! I am taking this class too! I have so many stencils and love being able to utilize them in different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  14. awesome card!!! i am also loving the class :)

    WOW girl you had tons of energy today!! way to go getting so much done :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous Laurie, I love the colors! I'm pretty sure I won't be able to resist taking this class!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely gorgeous. You nailed it girl.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely terrific! Don't you just live the energy adrenaline when they come along?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Could you please send some of your productivity and creativity my direction? Both are desperately needed ASAP. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well you didn't case her cards exactly in fact I like yours just as much if not more great job have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS