1/15/14

Top Dog Dies Guest-Congrats Tag Card

Hey there!  I am stopping in today to share a couple new dies I received recently from a new company called Top Dog Dies.  Here is a little info about them: 

Top Dog Dies is a new online store that offers their own brand of wafer-thin and steel-rule dies, along with dies from brands you already know and trust, including My Favorite Things, Sizzix, Savvy Stamps and Cheery Lynn Designs. Top Dog Dies is also the leading U.S. retailer for Tattered Lace, a new line of intricate dies designed by U.K. designer Stephanie Weightman.

For today's card I am using 2 dies.  The first the Tag Card A2 die and also, the Wildflower die.  I made a CAS tag card with these dies...

IMG_0928

I cut out the large tag using the extended plates on my big shot.  Then I added in a tiny bit of striped paper at the bottom of the scalloped edge to complete the card base.  I stamped the sentiment and then added in the wildflower die with some tomboy glue, after coloring.  Here are a few quick pictures showing how I colored the leaves.  I learned this in a class this summer and this is a technique I use regularly.

I cut out the die and leave it in the surrounding paper...


I used Copics to color the leaves.  I added in little marks where the flowers are so that I was able to see where I needed to use another color....


I finished the flowers in a coral color and then added in red centers.  .


I also added in some darker green shading where the leaves and flowers overlap...


Last, I added in some Wink of Stella for a little shimmer...


How about a giveaway?  :)


Giveaway-$50eGiftCard
REGISTER TO WIN HERE:
EARN EXTRA ENTRIES BY:
1. Comment here on my blog
2. Comment on my post over at Top Dog Dies
also....Following Top Dog Dies on FacebookPinterestInstagram, and/or Twitter
The deadline to enter is Sunday, January 19th at midnight. 
Thanks so much for coming by today!

16 comments:

  1. Very pretty and smart- how you coloured the die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Laurie! And in my favorite color combo too! Love how you colored the die-cut, and that scalloped border looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I love pink and green together. Gorgeous vine and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Thanks for showing how you colored it, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please remove my comment from the draw - I won a gift certificate from Top Dog Dies just over a week ago and am anxiously awaiting my happy mail!! I wanted to tell you what a neat idea for colouring a die - sort of a 'why didn't I think of that?'
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your CAS tag card Laurie! Beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card, and the coloring technique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet card, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty card! Love the scalloped edge and that gorgeous floral die!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! Love the strip of striped paper at the bottom of the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful--I like how you colored the die.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable card Laurie, love the tag shape!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful die, I love how you have colored it Laurie, and that pop of color at the bottom too that grounds the die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is beautiful! The striped paper along the bottom gives it so much life.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, what a great technique! I will start doing that!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS