1/24/14

XOXOXO

I am so in the Valentines mood.  If you have noticed...ha!  My last several cards have been light gray, white with a red heart.  I almost did the same again so I figured I better change it up....by leaving out the gray.  :)  Instead, I used Vellum.  And a technique I have been seeing around.  Sewing down the middle of the words....so fun, right?  The last card I saw was by Laura B...amazing!  Here is mine...

IMG_1132

I used the end of the border die and cut 2 (out of vellum) so the X's would be perfect.  The O's were easy to trim up.  Then I stuck them down with a little adhesive and sewed down the middle.  I added the little heart by popping it up on foam.  I attached the card front to the card base with some more foam.  It's all about the foam really.  How would I make a card without the stuff?

IMG_1135

If you haven't see the Simon Says Stamp Valentines Day release, you need to!  :)  Click HERE to see the whole thing!

Thanks for coming by today!


16 comments:

  1. *Love* this one Laurie!! The vellum XOXO is awesome and the stitching across the middle plus the red heart finish it off perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love white cards. I never seem to be able to make them. I'll have to start practising. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this! Perfect in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet! This is my favorite way to anchor letters on my scrapbook pages ;). And that little heart is such a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo fun! Love the stitching on the Xs and Os and that little red heart - perfection :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet card! Love the stitching and vellum. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, Laurie! I love that you chose white on white and the pop of red is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful white card - love the stitching, the popped-up heart, and the dangling threads - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS