7/14/14

Designer Phone Case Inspirations...

I am back today with our last group project for the July PTI Release.  It's a fun one!  Today we are showcasing the new Phone Case dies.  I have been looking at felt phone cases for quite awhile and haven't found one that I like.  Now that I can make my own, or make 4 of my own?  I am super excited!  So I went with wintery theme that kinda reminds me of a warm sweater.  

IMG_9992

I used Smokey Shadow and Vintage Cream felt to make this phone case.  I finished the edges of this one using the blanket stitch which is so easy!  I added in one of the elements that comes with the phone dies...also very easy!  

IMG_0004

I hand stitched little elements in green in the centers for more detail. 

IMG_9999

I used the pocket dies from the Coin Purse die set, to add a little pocket on the back...

IMG_9995

I added a button to the flap for decoration, and then stitched in a dual lock tab for the closure...

IMG_0012

I wanted to use the same element for a card, so I made a little mini all out of dies....with similar  colors, Smokey Shadow and Rustic White card stocks...

IMG_0006

I popped each layer up on foam tape and then added the hello die with tomboy liquid glue.  

IMG_0009

That is it for me today!  I can't wait to see all the other phone cases.  Here are the places to head to next...

Nichole Heady
Betsy Veldman
Heather Nichols
Dawn McVey
Melissa Phillips
Erin Lincoln
Laura Bassen
Danielle Flanders
Ashley Cannon Newell


I hope you enjoyed today's post.  I have lots more to share tomorrow!  Have a greats day!

20 comments:

  1. Oh, your case and your card are both fabulous, Laurie! I love how you added the extra pocket for your credit card -- genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the case and card. Amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pocket on the back Laurie! Way to think outside of the box!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So creative and inspirational mixing and matching the cell phone dies with the coin purse dies. It's practicality and a great look at same time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ADORABLE! And how awesome is it you added the pocket to the back! VERY clever. I LOVE the argyle design!!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. TERRIFIC!! My favorite part is the little pocket!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of the pocket. Clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pocket on the back of the phone case! What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful phone case and card! If I ever get an I-Phone, I'll be CASing your phone case - love the clean design and that adorable pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pocket at the back! And very stylish phone case!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the added pocket for the credit card on the phone. Totally cute!! Really fun projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to make a phone case JUST like yours!! It's so cute and I love the pocket. Your card is awesome, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the pocket on the back of the phone cover - great idea! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea to add a pocket on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like that extra little snapped pocket on the back of the phone case...so handy! Great matching card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the colors and the little harlequin pattern, and the credit card pocket is absolute genius!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your case and card are awesome Laurie! Love.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the little extras you added to your phone case! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS