7/17/14

Grateful...

I love love these Text Block dies from Papertrey Ink and am amazed at how many things you can do with them.  I decided to use mine to emboss the image, instead of cutting it out.  I realized that I have been making several cards lately with no stamping....just dies.  So here is one more of those...

IMG_0049

I LOVE using the cover plate negatives and it is so easy to do.  I cut out the plate and most of the time, all the pieces stay together.  It works great to turn it over and add some liquid glue and the center the whole plate on top of your card base.  After giving it a couple minutes to dry, you just peel up the outline and you have some fun texture on your card.

Next, I ran the text block die through my vagabond using an embossing mat.  There were a couple edges that stuck up just a little, but they are easy to smooth out with your bone folder.  I attached this die cut, after cutting the edges off, with foam tape for some dimension.  

IMG_0051

A quick and easy card for sure!  Hope you like it!

Thanks for stopping in and have a great day!



Supply List: 


11 comments:

  1. Just love it, Laurie! I'm all aboard that die-cut-only train =]
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I think I might just pin every card you make! :) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so cool!! I love the technique and am going to have to try it. Fabulous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love the embossed sentiment with the die! More uses for dies that way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really loving how you used the die cut negative on this card! Such a cool look! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sooo cool!! I love the dimension that embossing that plate gives, and those yummy pink chevrons are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool! I haven't figured out the sandwich yet, but hope to try this!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS