7/04/14

Happy 4th...

I had to stop in and say Happy 4th to all my blog friends!  We have had some late nights and the kids are still sleeping so I snuck down about 30 minutes ago and whipped up this quick, die only card....

IMG_9943

Here is a list of the dies I used...all linked at the end of this post...

Cover Plate: Stars
Circle Scribble Dies
Large Number Dies
Wet Paint Cuts

....and no stamps!  :)  I used Stampers Select White to cut out the stars from the Star Cover plate and then decided then needed to be gray so I colored them with a C1 Copic.  I put a dot of glue on each star while they were still all in one piece, then put it down on the card base and let it sit.  I was able to gently pull up the cover plate negative and the stars stayed perfectly placed.  I cut out "happy" in vellum and the "th" from the thanks die, both from Wet Paint Cuts.  I just layered it all up with Tombow Glue and foam tape.  I was SO happy to find the "th" so I could use the same font.  Fun find of the morning!  :)

Several people have asked how I attach my vellum.  I used the Tombow Vellum glue runner (linked below) and just use a tiny bit and I don't press down very hard.  It sticks and it is wonderful!  Speaking of vellum....have you tried PTI Vellum?  My friend Amy told me I needed to try it...and I am hooked.  It is AMAZING!!  It die cuts beautifully.  I have it linked below, as well!

IMG_9946

Do you have any fun plans for today?  We are having a lazy day and hanging around home.  We are having friends over tonight to shoot of some fireworks and have s'mores in the fire pit!  It should be a fun, low key evening with this amazing weather we are having!

Hope you have a fun and safe day! Thanks for stopping in!




Supply List:  

28 comments:

  1. AWESOME, Miss Lady!! Happy 4th to you and your family!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your 4th card. Have a nice 4th, Laurie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. Love the stars on the main layer and the fun swirls

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card, I love that is made entirely with dies!
    Happy 4th Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering about that "th"--great idea! Happy 4th to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card! Love our red, white and blue flag and I love how you've used the colors to celebrate the birth of our nation. Happy 4th to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great design with all the layering! I especially like the Scribble Circle, it adds a touch of whimsy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card! And thanks for the tip on getting the stars all lined up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, Laurie! Such a fun use of those dies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So AWESOME, the white on white background with the pop of blue and red, WOW!!! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW Laurie!! Love the white on white.....makes for such an interesting and fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You put this together so well...awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it, Laurie! Thanks for the tips on vellum... I do use that adhesive, but the vellum I use isn't the greatest =/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the white on white/vellum background, great card for the fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are the queen of putting things together in a way that no one else would think of - and it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I Just got my Wet Paint Cuts and was wondering if the "th" from "thanks" would work with By The Numbers. Love that you showed it here, and your card is adorable! Sounds like you had a great 4th…so did we!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this card! I may have to get that scribble die - I'm thinking it's a must-have.

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG....I didn't think I needed those scribble dies........This is a GREAT card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow great 4th card...love thise dies.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS