7/13/14

Wish you were here...

I am totally loving the travel theme of this month's Papertrey Ink Release.  If I could, I would travel all the time.  I'd even live in an RV if my husband would let me....but he won't.  So instead, I am stopping in today with 3 cards about traveling.

This first one is my favorite.  The set is called Get Lost and it has so many fun elements included.  I used 5 of the sentiments to make this little background panel....

IMG_9981

And then I used the US die cut and heat embossed another sentiment in the center.  I tucked some Dark Chocolate behind the panel for a little contrast.  I did cut the card down just a tad, so the panel would stick up just a little.  

IMG_9976

I found some inspiration on pinterest for this next card.  All I did was search for suitcases and found tons of pictures of brightly colored bags, so I came up with this...

IMG_9983

This set is called Pack Your Bags.  It has a great set of coordinating dies to go with it as well.  I cut out 3 suitcase dies and then stamped them each in a different color.  The 2-step stamping for the handles is so easy to line up and so much fun!

IMG_9984

For this last card, I used the new luggage tag die, called Tag #11.  Except I turned it over and saw a phone...

IMG_9987

I used an element from the Monthly Moments: Travel Plans, in the background and then made a little map using the Hawaii die.  I stamped the sentiment from These United States and added in a little heart.  I added in the "call me" sentiment from Desktop Design on a vellum banner to finish it off.  OH, I added in the little signal bar, also from Monthly Moments: Travel Plans, just to give it a fun little phone element.  

IMG_9988

For more fun travel themed cards, check out the rest of the DT...

Nichole Heady
Betsy Veldman
Heather Nichols
Dawn McVey
Melissa Phillips
Erin Lincoln
Laura Bassen
Danielle Flanders
Ashley Cannon Newell

That is is for me today!  There is lots more fun stuff to come to I hope you come back again tomorrow!  Have a great day!


28 comments:

  1. Cool cards, Laurie! I'm thinking I need to start encouraging my friends and family to travel just so that I can use this set to its fullest! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAB cards Laurie as usual! LOVE the phone you made too - way to extend the life out of the die.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Completely saw the phone...I am in love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those suitcases are so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever :) Fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your cards from the elegant vellum U.S. to the soft colored suitcases to the amazing phone (and what better place to be than the Hawaiian islands). I am so going to use that tag to make a phone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. VERY cute cards Laurie, LOVE the phone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously clever making the tag die into a phone! That whole card is an awesome concept!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute. Your Aqua suitcase looks like a smiley face!!!!
    FUN post!
    Thanks for sharing
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of these, Laurie! Fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! A vellum contiguous USA. Great look. All projects are extremely well done and highly creative.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much fun going on. Love every single one of these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fabulous cards!! I love each and every one of them!! All your details are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your phone card, so very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Laurie these are all fabulous! Love the USA diecut from the vellum! And the suitcases are just so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are wonderful! I especially love that last card with the phone and Hawaii. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really like the use of the sentiments down one side of the card with the USA die. Stunning look.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A cell phone from the luggage tag? Genius! And I love the location! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love all your ideas. Love all the cards

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm loving your travel cards. I love the vellum US die cut with the sentiment in white on the first card. Wonderful color selections on the suitcase card. Thanks for the inspiration...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super cute cards!! I love it when a stamp is used in such an unexpected way. I totally think it rocks as a phone! Thanks for sharing. AJ@queenofmynest

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are all cute! Love the little phone card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Laurie! FeedBurner is not sending out your email subscriptions, for at least a month now, nor will it let me resubscribe. Thanks! Miss your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the Wet Paint Alphabet card.

    If I could go anywhere in the world, I'd go to Ireland in the back country and just relax.
    Marge

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Laurie! Just got home from a 5,450 mile drive =] AMAZING country we live in!!! This is just the set I need =]
    Michele

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS