9/29/15

Soda-Lightful....

I have a quick little CAS card inspired by Donna Mikasa.  She made a gorgeous watercolor soda bottle card while back and just love how she kept the bottles simple.  So I thought I'd make one too...

September MFT 2016

First, I did 5 swatches of ink blending in rainbow order.  Then I went through and positioned the bottle die on the best area of blending from dark to light.  I attached them all on a one inch strip and stamped the sentiment.  I thought they needed a little more detail, so I cut them in half and then ran a strip of gold behind.  I popped the panel up on foam tape for a little more dimension.  

September MFT 2016

I just love these bottle dies and the coordinating stamp set.  There are so many possibilities for SO many types of cards.

What are you up to today?  Getting crafty?  I only had 2 patients at work today...normally I see 10....so I have had some fun quiet time to get some work done.  Hope that you are having a great day too!  




10 comments:

  1. The inking is amazing and then that great gold strip, love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you did this. That spliting of the image and adding a bit of gold works brilliantly. Good to have quiet days sometimes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW your ink blending is just amazing! Fabulous design too, Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laurie, each of your stripe cards is an inspiration for using stripe patterns! Beautiful....Thanks for the video tips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laurie!
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I think you can see that I struggled with my card, but I really enjoyed your tutorial and I especially loved the new idea you shared about layering the die-cut sentiment four times to give it depth. Thanks for your encouraging words, and for a great tutorial. It's fun to try new things even when they don't turn out quite as well as planned. That's how we learn, right? I'm stopping by some of the other blogs now to see how their striped cards turned out.
    Blessings to you for sharing your ideas with us all,
    Sierra
    www.sierrasgift.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woops! I posted this on the wrong post I guess. Hope you understand what I meant.
      Sierra

      Delete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS