11/30/16

Sympathy cards...

These are the hardest cards to make, knowing that the recipient is hurting.  These are also the most rewarding cards to make, because you hope that it makes someone's day a little brighter.

I have a super simple sympathy card, using some of MFT's November Release....

November 2016 MFT

First, I did a little ink blending with Tumbled Glass on the card base.  I added in the birch Solid Birch Trees in a light gray yardstick, then added the Birch Tree detailed dies on top.  I love that extra detail with the subtle color popping through.  I stamped the sentiment in black and then added in a vellum snowflake.

November 2016 MFT

I tried to take a good photo of the snowflake because just the ends are dusted with glitter.  I did that by adding some Tombow Tape Runner adhesive to the ends, and then dipping each one in glitter.  This picture is a tad darker, but I was able to get some of the sparkle....

November 2016 MFT

This is it for today!  I hope you are all ready for December.  It's gonna hit in just a couple hours.  I can't believe Christmas is almost here!  Thanks so much for stopping by!

Laurie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Supply List:



10 comments:

  1. Such a pretty condolence card ! Great inspiration I always have a hard time to find a design for such cards. I'm definitely going to keep this one in mind. And I love how the snowflake blends so nice on top of the blue background.

    Wish you a great day and thanks for sharing such a great layout.
    Regards Melanie-Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, and I love the layered birch trees! Your card is bound to bring some comfort just knowing you're there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful design for a sympathy card - so peaceful and soft. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is positively stunning, Laurie. Perfection in a card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sympathy card, Laurie! I love how you dusted the edges of the snowflake with glitter and how you added depth with the birch trees...so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are such hard cards to make, but you really hit all the right noes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Watch this most romantic video and loving cute couple love moments. like and share the most romantic moments of love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty, Laurie! I love those birch trees and the bits of sparkle you added to the tips of the snowflake!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS